Lanzarote Climate & Temperature
- Lanzarote, Spain is at 28°57'N, 13°36'W, 21 m (69 ft). See map.
- Lanzarote has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The annual mean temperature is 20.5 degrees Celsius (68.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7.8 °C (14°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 112 mm (4.4 inches) which is equivalent to 112 Litres/m² (2.75 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Lanzarote you would come out nearest to the climate station at Norfolk Island, Australia where you would find a Humid subtropical climate.
Lanzarote Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Lanzarote Climate Graph in Metric Units
Lanzarote Climograph in English Units
Climate of Lanzarote, Spain Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kenitra, Morocco - 890.4 kms (553.3 miles) NE
- Rabat, Morocco - 860.8 kms (534.9 miles) NE
- Casablanca, Morocco - 762.2 kms (473.6 miles) NE
- Safi, Morocco - 558.3 kms (346.9 miles) NE
- Marrakech, Morocco - 611 kms (379.7 miles) ENE
- Essaouira, Morocco - 464.5 kms (288.6 miles) NE
- Ouarzazate, Morocco - 682 kms (423.8 miles) ENE
- Agadir, Morocco - 420.9 kms (261.6 miles) ENE
- Sidi Ifni, Morocco - 335 kms (208.2 miles) E
- Tarfaya, Morocco - 127.6 kms (79.3 miles) SSE
- Tindouf, Algeria - 553.9 kms (344.2 miles) ESE
- Smara, Western Sahara - 317.8 kms (197.5 miles) SE
- Bir Moghrein, Mauritania - 457.7 kms (284.4 miles) SSE